In the second part of our Wimbledon series, I want to share with you how to make these quick and easy mini strawberry trifles. With the Wimbledon finals happening this weekend, these are perfect for a last minute dessert idea.
You will need:
A glass dish or Kilner jar (I used one like this)
- A Swiss roll. I couldn’t find a strawberry flavoured one, so I used raspberry.
- Some fresh strawberries.
- Fresh custard
- Whipped cream
Optional, to decorate, some bakers twine and pretty spoons.
1. Cut the Swiss roll into slices about 20mm thick and cut each slice in half.
2. Place the Swiss roll slices around the base of your dish or jar with the flat side on the bottom so you can see the swirls from the outside. Make sure you put an additional slice in the centre to completely cover the base of the dish.
3. Then cut the strawberries in half lengthways and place these around the edge on top of the Swiss roll, filling any gaps.
4. Next, pour in the custard leaving about a 20mm gap from the top of the dish.
5. Finish off with a generous helping of whipped cream!
6. If you’re taking these on a picnic or serving them on a buffet table, a cute way to present them is to tie a spoon around them with bakers twine, it adds a nice finishing touch and it's practical too!
How easy is that?! It looks pretty too. If you give it a go, please let me know how you get on!